Sunday, October 12, 2008

Geoff Keighley, what?!

Let me tell you the tale of the night I talked to Geoff Keighley on the phone. It started like any ordinary friday night, just hanging out with my friend. We're about to leave when my phone suddenly rang. It's my Kuya Aj, and I knew he was at blizzcon, so I pondered what he was calling about. I'm like what's up? He says in the background, "Geoff, is that Geoff?" in my mind, I'm thinking Geoff who? I asked him who? He replies, "Geoff Keighley." I say, "No way!" And right away he knew I didn't believe him. I didn't, I won't lie. He says, "Hold on." In my mind, I'm thinking okay whatever. A new voice unfamiliar to me appears on the phone. "Hey, this is Geoff Keighley, how are you doing?" Starstruck, shocked, whatever you want to call it. This is Geoff Keighley we're talking about here. He's on tv! Haha, but I still didn't believe the voice, I thought it was a recording. I didn't answer, but then 'Geoff' said, "Yeah, your friend gave me his phone to talk to you, how are you?" At that moment, I knew it wasn't a recording as naive as I was being. I responded nervously, "This is awesome!" He was busy, and had to cut the conversation short by saying, "Well, I have to go finish this recording for direct tv, I'll let you get back to talking with your friend." It was crazy for lack of a better word. Aj gets back on the phone, and i'm yelling now, "Was that Geoff Keighley?!?" He simply says, "Yes." And I'm like holy cow?!? And here ends my tale of my little chat with Geoff Keighley on the phone.

No comments: