Sunday, December 7, 2008

Check this out: Scribblenauts

Another friend, Jason, pointed me to this game, and I was intrigued by what my eyes saw. It piqued my interest because the concept and excecution are truly original. The basic idea behind the game is that the player is given objectives to complete to finish the level, like retrieving an item from a tree. The player doesn't control the character, but simply gives the character an item to use by 'writing' a word in (the stylus is used). The video included gives three examples. This game is brought to you by 5th Cell, the same makers of "Lock's Quest" which I've been meaning to check out for some time now. "Let your imagination run wild!" is the tagline for this game, and you should let it. My only fear is that some participants will input obscene words to see what happens, but that won't ruin the experience, since it's not online. Enough with the talk, go watch.

No comments: