Saturday, January 10, 2009

The Catfish Splash: Old School

There's just something about writing with pen and paper that does it for me. I know it's archaic and utterly sluggish, but there's just something about it. I'm trying to figure out what that something is, but I can't pinpoint it. Typing on the computer is faster, easier, cleaner, and better in basically all facets. There's no comparison when pitting pencil/paper against the keyboard/monitor tandem. So, why is the old school way better? Maybe, just maybe, it's only better to me. Preference is the answer. There are a myriad of reasons that the computer is vastly superior, but you can't alter one's preference. It can also be attributed to the fact that I'm stubborn, plain and simple. Change? I don't particularly favor the word because I'm more accustomed to the quote: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." Though, at times, the only choice is to change, so what are you going to do then? One can't remain traditional because your hand has been forced. Modernizing must take place, and the old school must become new school, right? Don't abandon the old school completely though! You just gotta be the old dog that can learn new tricks.

No comments: